Delhi: Fire breaks out in 3-storey building in Old Seemapuri; 4 dead
New Delhi, Oct 26: At least four people have been killed from the same family after a fire broke out on the top floor of the three-storey building in the Old Seemapuri area of the national capital on Tuesday morning, Delhi Police said.
The deceased have been identified as Hauri Lal, Reena, Ashu, and Radhika. Lal worked as Shastri Bhavan as a peon and his wife Reena worked as a sweeper.
Fire department personnel managed to bring the blaze under control and four fire tenders were pressed into service. Around 4.10 am, they got the call about the fire, officials said.
As per a report on The Indian Express, the fire was caused by a short circuit because of an electric mosquito repellent diffuser.
"The incident took place at around 3 am when they all were sleeping on the second floor of their house. Lal's other son, Akshay (22) was sleeping on the first floor and was rescued from the building," a senior police officer said.
With inputs from agencies.