• search
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

Defence ministry says reports of Army jawan’s abduction in J&K’s Budgam incorrect

|

New Delhi, Mar 09: The reports of abduction of a Army jawan in Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam are incorrect, the defence ministry said Saturday morning, adding that the "individual is safe".

Defence ministry says reports of jawan’s abduction in J&K’s Budgam incorrect

Defence Ministry said Media reports of the abduction of a serving Army soldier (Mohammad Yaseen) on leave from Qazipora, Chadoora, Budgam(J&K) are incorrect. Individual is safe. Speculations may please be avoided.

[Army Jawan abducted by militants from his home in Budgam]

On Friday evening, media reports said that soldier Yaseen Bhat, who is currently on leave was kidnapped from his home in Qazipora Chadoora by unknown gunmen.

In June last year, another rifleman--Aurangzeb--was abducted from Pulwama by terrorists and his bullet-ridden body was recovered later the same month.

The deceased Army jawan was on way to his home for the festival of Eid when he was abducted in broad daylight from a vehicle.

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more