'Decision to ban Pak actors should be taken by right authority'
Mumbai, Dec 13: Filmmaker Vikas Bahl believes decision to ban actors from across the border should be taken by the "right authority" and not by any other body.
Recently, superstar Shah Rukh Khan met Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray at his residence here, in connection with his film "Raees" which features Pakistani actress Mahira Khan.
MNS has in the past objected to casting of Pakistani actors in Bollywood movies citing the neighbouring country's involvement in terrorist attacks in India. When asked if this issue concerns filmmakers, Vikas told reporters last night, "I just think that any of these decisions which are being taken, should be taken by the right authority. I think it's not being taken by the right authority and people are having to follow those decisions, which I am not in agreement with."
The "Queen" director said it is wrong if people make their own rules and then others have to follow it. "If the right authority is taking the decision with the larger perspective and if they think it is for good for both the countries, then one should follow them. But I don't think people can just get up from anywhere, make their little decisions and the whole country has to follow it."
Earlier in October, the MNS had staged high-voltage protests against the release of filmmaker Karan Johar's "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil" for featuring Pakistani actor Fawad Khan.
Shah Rukh had previously run into trouble for the release of "My Name is Khan" in 2010, with Shiv Sena, opposing its screening then.