Bulandshahr gangrape accused was thrown out of home
Faridabad, Aug 2: The probe in Bulandshahr gangrape case has revealed that one of the three main accused in the horrific highway crime, was a quarrelsome man who was thrown out of his home and disinherited.
22-year-old Bablu, who was sent to a 14-days judicial custody along with two others, hailed from Aterna village in the Faridabad district of Haryana, said Bhupendra Singh, DCP, Ballabgarh.
Acknowledging his violent nature since chidhood, father Roopchand said the family was shocked by the news and wanted him punished. "He must be punished for this grievous crime. No one from the family or village will go to defend him," he said.
Roopchand further said Bablu was banished from the family home two years back and since then he was driving a taxi in Bulandshahr.
"Eight years back, he was disinherited from the property after he engaged in physical violence with family members. But he didn't reform and brutally thrashed his grandfather two years back after which he was shown the door," said Bablu's father.
"He used to visit the village sometimes but was never allowed to enter our home," he added.
Bablu has no criminal record in Faridabad and no links with any local gang, DCP Bhupinder Singh said.
Last Friday night, alleged Bawariya gang members had brutally gangraped a woman and her 13-year-old daughter at gunpoint after dragging them out of a car in Bulandshahr on NH-91 when they were travelling with the family from Noida to Shahjahanpur.
Uttar Pradesh Police had on July 31 arrested the three accused -- Naresh (25), Bablu (22) and Rais (28) -- and detained a dozen others after a massive hunt for a gang of dacoits suspected to be behind the highway crime.
Facing flak from the Opposition, the state government had suspended five police officers, including district SSP Vaibhav Krishna.
The matter had an echo in Lok Sabha yesterday when BJP members hit out at the UP government over the law and order situation and demanded resignation of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.