Flying, eating out will pinch your pocket now: A list of things getting cheaper/costlier
New Delhi, Feb 28: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Saturday presented the first full-fledged Budget of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government on Saturday.
The announcements made by Jaitley have resulted in hike in prices of some commodities and reduction in some.
Smoking and consumption of other tobacco items will be more expensive, while an increase in service tax rate would make costlier a whole lot of other activities including air travel, eating out and paying bills. Those that would turn cheaper include leather footwear, locally made mobiles, computer tablets, microwave ovens, peanut butter, packaged fruits, ambulance service and agarbattis.
Following is a list:
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products
- Completely built imported commercial vehicles
- Aerated, flavoured drinks and packaged water
- Plastic bags and sacks
- Business and executive class air travel
- Visit to amusement and theme park
- Music concerts
- Liquor, chit fund and lottery
- Leather footwear priced above Rs 1,000 per pair
- Locally made mobile phones, LED/LCD panels, LED lights and LED Lamps
- Solar Water heater
- Pacemakers, ambulance and ambulance services
- Computer tablets
- Microwave ovens
- Refrigerator compressors
- Peanut butter, packaged fruits and vegetables
- Visit to museum, zoo and national park.