BJP alleges scam in public distribution system by AAP Govt, demands probe
"Just 20 per cent of allotted wheat, rice and sugar under PDS reaches fair price shops while the remaining 80 per cent reaches black market," Gupta alleged.
Most of the 20 per cent wheat, rice and sugar that reaches PDS shops is also black-marketed while the poor get little of it, the BJP MLA claimed, demanding a reply from Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
"Kejriwal should tell how and where all the PDS ration for poor people was going," Gupta said, while denying to share the basis of his allegations of scam.
Further, he claimed that nearly 40 per cent or 9 lakh of the over 19 lakh ration cards in Delhi were "fictitious" which were used for pilfering ration by the "corrupt" officials of the Food Supplies Department.
"The ration drawn against fictitious ration cards issued to persons from other states is in the black market," he said, demanding a CBI probe into the alleged irregularities.