BEL to showcase gen-next naval systems at IFR
Bengaluru, Feb 03: Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) will be hitting the shores of R K Beach in Visakhapatnam with a host of gen-next gadgets during the International Fleet Review (IFR2016) set to begin tomorrow.
BEL says these home-grown equipment will be part of Maritime Exhibition (MAREX), organised as part of the IFR, being conducted by the Indian Navy.
Dr Ajith T Kalghatgi, Director (R&D) BEL, told OneIndia that at IFR, in addition to exhibiting the company's commitment towards Indian Navy, India's home-grown military might will be on display.
"We are participating at IFR2016 with a host of radars, sensors and electronic warfare systems," Dr Kalghargi said.
Here's a look the BEL products that will be showcased during the IFR2016.
• Hull Mounted Sonar (HUMSA), an advanced active-cum-passive integrated sonar suite which can be fitted on a variety of naval platforms and customised for both small and large ships.
• Under Water Communication System (USC), whichprovides a communication channel between surface ships and submarines.
• IAC MOD C, an integrated Anti-Submarine Warfare Fire Control System for surface ships.
• Advanced Composite Communication System (ACCS), an IP-based new generation Integrated Communication System designed to provide external and internal communication for modern warships.
• Mareech Missile Fire Control System, an advanced Torpedo Defence System for surface ships.
• USHUS, an Integrated Submarine Sonar System.
• LYNX UX Gun Fire Control System, a quick reaction, multi-sensor, multiple weapon, for short/medium/long range defence against air/surface/shore targets.
• Surface Surveillance Radar for detection and tracking of sea surface and air targets and missiles.
• Coastal Surveillance System, a chain of Remote Sensor Stations to provide security cover for coastline.
• 2D L-Band Air Surveillance Radar (RAWL-02 Mk II A), a long range air surveillance radar for use onboard large and medium naval ships.
• RAWL 03, a multi-function active phased array radar with Solid State Transreceiver for land and naval applications
• Software Defined Radio for the Indian Navy.
• Link II MoD I Communication System, which establishes Wide Area Network among Naval units (aircraft, ships, submarines, shore establishments, etc) over radio circuits and SATCOM for exchange of tactical data to achieve a common operational picture across platforms.
• ESM for small, medium & large class of ships and submarines.
• Light Weight ESM system for helicopters.
• Revathi, a 3D Surveillance Radar for use onboard ships for detecting air and surface targets.
• Combat Management System (CMS).
• Stabilised Optronic Pedestal Mk-II, a day and night surveillance and fire control system that includes a Colour TV Daylight Camera, 3rd generation 3-5 μm FLIR sensor, Laser Range Finder and automatic tracking capabilities, and command and control capabilities.
• CoMPASS (Compact Multi Purpose Advanced Stabilized System), a day-and-night surveillance system.