Alltech Innovation Competition comes to Bengaluru: 7 Indian universities to battle it out
Bengaluru, Nov 23: Since 2013, Alltech has been successfully organising its innovation competitions in Dunboyne, Ireland and Kentucky, USA. For the first time, the US-based Alltech is going to make its debut in India.
Innovation and inspiration shown by the students will help to stimulate economic development, inspire efficiencies and foster sustainable practices for the future growth of industries in India.
The Alltech Innovation Competition celebrates entrepreneurship by challenging talented undergraduate and graduate students to develop forward-thinking business plans on innovative ideas in agri-business and allied fields.
In a battle of business savvy, seven universities will go head-to-head with innovative plans to boost the economic potential of the food and agricultural industries here in India.
7 finalists from all over India include:
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Bangalore
- University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences, Shivamogga
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Institute of Rural Management, Anand, Gujarat
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
Rs 3,25,000 in prize funds are on the line, with the first place team receiving Rs 1,50,000 to inject into a potential agribusiness start-up.
Teams will pitch their ideas in front of the judging panel comprising of Alltech, venture capitalists, angel investors and entrepreneurs.