All you need to know about Economic Survey 2017
New Delhi, Jan 31: With the Annual Budget session of Parliament scheduled to start from Tuesday, President Pranab Mukherjee will address both the Houses of Parliament in the Central Hall of Parliament House. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will table the Economic Survey 2017 on Tuesday. The Economic Survey is prepared by the Economic Division of the Department of Economic Affairs in the Finance ministry under the overall guidance of the Chief Economic Adviser.
Five things to watch out for:
- Economic Survey will provide the data and analysis across the various sectors of economy in the country.
- It will also present roadmap ahead for struggling sectors of the economy
- Universal Basic Income policy is likely to be adopted by the Narendra Modi government.
- Banking Transaction Tax is also expected to be implemented by the government after Modi announced demonetisation and encouraged people to use cashless modes of payment. If BTT is implemented, 2 per cent will be charged on all forms of banking transactions.
- Economic Survey could also suggest a further cut in corporate tax rate.