- #SurgeryVideo calls drive 'Zoom boom' in cosmetic surgery
- #SurgeryAmitabh Bachchan undergoes second eye surgery
- #SurgeryKamal Haasan undergoes leg surgery, will be discharged in four-five days
- #SurgeryTwins conjoined in the chest, abdomen successfully separated after 4 hours of surgery
- #SurgerySurgeons remove 'largest' chest tumour with robotic surgery
- #Surgery23-year-old loses vision in one eye after surgery, family members cry medical negligence
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 13: Amitabh Bachchan Says He Was Not Much Around His Children When They Were Kids
- Sports IPL 2021: Of Sharjah and Sachin Tendulkar’s Desert Storm!
- Finance US Fed's Assessment On Economic Recovery: Impact On Indian Gold Rates
- Technology Redmi 9 Activ With Helio G35 Goes Official In India; At Par With Competition?
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
- Lifestyle 11 Natural Energy Drinks You Can Make At Home
- Education NIOS Practical Hall Ticket 2021 Released For Oct-Nov Examination
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
"I'm finally seeing both my daughters smiling and playing together for the first time since Kanisri's birth. We are deeply thankful to each and every donor."
For a whole year after his baby daughter's diagnosis, Rajesh was helpless. Soon after Kanisri's birth, she was diagnosed with a heart condition that could only be treated with a surgery. When Rajesh's meagre income couldn't handle the burden of the costs, it was you, our readers, that helped him save his daughter. Thanks to your generosity, Kanisri is now happy and well in her mother's loving arms!
When Kanisri was diagnosed with a heart disease, Rajesh was at a loss.
Kanisri was born to Rajesh and his wife in May 2017. She was their second child and they were thrilled to be parents again. When they took her for her polio vaccination, the doctor noted that something was wrong with the way her heart was functioning.
Her suggestion to get her checked led Rajesh to take Kanisri to a health camp led by Apollo Hospital in Chennai. The camp was free, thus helping him avoid heavy diagnosis costs. This was where at no more than 22 days old, Kanisri was found to be suffering a serious heart disease (fallout hypoplastic PV).
Only a surgery costing Rs 5 lakh could treat her condition.
Rajesh began scouting for ways to fund his little Kanisri's much-needed surgery. Applications for loans were rejected, the family had no insurance to fall back on, and no relatives were able to lend them such a large amount.
A year passed, and yet no solution had been found. During this time, Kanisri survived on heavy medication somehow funded by Rajesh's meagre income. Kanisri was now a feeble toddler whose body parts often turned an alarming shade of blue due to her heart condition. Rajesh was devastated and lost, slowly beginning to lose all hope.
Then crowdfunding came into the picture. The idea of hundreds of strangers helping him pay for his daughter's treatment without asking for payback was alien to Rajesh, but he still gave it a shot. As a socially responsible media entity, we at Oneindia are committed to helping people in need. So when we learned that Kansiri needed our help to survive, we immediately rose to action. We worked towards helping Rajesh raise funds for Kansiri's heart surgery and Rajesh's request didn't go unnoticed.
Thanks to the generosity of 262 of you, Rajesh was able to raise Rs 4 Lakh in no more than 2 weeks!
On June 25, Kanisri finally received her surgery. She remained in post-operative care for another 5 days to observe her condition. Fortunately, she showed no signs of allergies. Moreover, her condition has been improving greatly since!
"I've never seen Kanisri so happy and playful. I'm finally seeing both my daughters smiling and playing together for the first time since Kanisri's birth. We are deeply thankful to each and every donor that helped Kanisri get her surgery. We don't know where we would have been without you," says Rajesh.
Well, we reciprocate what Rajesh says, "Thank you readers for all the help, it wouldn't have been possible without you. We assure you that every penny you spent reaches the needy. Please continue your support.