• search
For Quick Alerts
Subscribe Now  
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

6-month-old girl including her parents injured in explosion triggered by leaking cooking gas

By PTI
|

Pune, Jan 27: Three members of a family, including a six-month-old girl, were injured on Monday morning in an explosion triggered by leaking cooking gas in their house here in Maharashtra, a fire brigade official said.

The incident occurred in Sambhaji Nagar in Kharadi locality of the city when Asha Bhawale (26) switched on the gas burner in the morning, he said.

6-month-old girl including her parents injured in explosion triggered by leaking cooking gas

Incidentally, the Bhawale faimly had purchased the new gas connection on Sunday. Asha, her labourer husband Shankar Bhawale (28), and the couple's daughter Swarali suffered burn injuries in the explosion, which shattered the tin roof of the one-room house.

Man dies in cylinder explosion in Greater Noida

"Prima facie, the explosion was caused due to leaking gas which was accumulated in the room," the official said. The trio are undergoing treatment at hospital, he added.

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more
X