• search
For Vadodara Updates
Allow Notification  

19 hospitalised after chlorine gas leak in Gujarat village

By PTI
|

Vadodara, Apr 14: At least 19 people were hospitalised following the leakage of chlorine gas in a village near Vadodara, district officials said on Friday. The incident took place on Thursday night due to leakage in the valve of a chlorine gas cylinder, when the process of chlorination in a drinking water tank located in Por village was underway, they said.

19 hospitalised after chlorine gas leak in Gujarat village

Those affected after their exposure to the gas, including the workers involved in the cleaning process, were admitted to the state-run Sayajirao hospital in Vadodara when they began complaining of eye and throat irritation, Vadodara District Collector Lochan Sehra said.

The village is located on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad national highway. A team of officials from the company which supplies gas cylinders for chlorination purposes rushed to the spot and defused the cylinder into nearby Dhadhar river.

Meanwhile, Dr Rajeev Deveshwar Gupta, superintendent, Sir Sayajirao General Hospital told PTI on Friday that the condition of all the affected people is stable.

OneIndia News

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X