Video: Hyderabad Teenager dies after performing stunt for selection in TV show
Hyderabad, Apr 13: A teenaged boy died after he allegedly poured kerosene on himself and lit it, in an attempt to participate in a television reality show, police said today.
The boy, a resident of Barkas in Old City here, succumbed to serious burn injuries yesterday at a hospital, they said.
The incident took place on April 7 when the boy pulled off the dangerous stunt where he poured kerosene on himself and lit it at some hills at Falaknuma and sustained injuries in the process, ACP M A Bari said, adding the teenager initially took kerosene and sent it out from mouth like flames.
He was shifted to a hospital where he succumbed to his injuries yesterday, the ACP said.
The teenager, a school student, wanted to make a CD of the stunt and send it for selection in a reality show, Bari said, adding that his dying declaration was recorded.