Massive drug overhaul: Know who is mafia king Vicky Goswami
Bengaluru, April 28: 55-year-old Vicky Goswami, popularly known as former Bollywood actress Mamta Kulkarni's husband, grabbed media headlines for all the wrong reasons. Thane police on Thursday, April 28, made a major breakthrough, as they named Goswami in the recent seizure of drugs in Solapur factory.
On Wednesday, the United States' Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) senior officials met Thane police officials in connection with the massive Ephedrine overhaul in a Solapur factory. If needed, Thane police may issue a Red Corner Notice against him.
Let's know more about who is Vicky Goswami:
- Vicky hails from Ahmedabad in Gujarat and is a son of retired police officer Anandgiri Goswami and has ten brothers and five sisters. He is tenth among his siblings.
- He reportedly wanted to be a pilot but ended up becoming a drug-trafficker. He started selling liquor in dry Gujarat, where alcohol is prohibited since last five decades.
- As per a report published in Indian Express, Vicky started supplying Methaqualone, popularly known as Mandrax, to high-profile parties of Mumbai.
- For the first time, Vicky was booked in a drug-related case in Vapi and he later shifted to Dubai. In Dubai, reportedly worked with big underworld names like Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Rajan, Chhota Shakeel and Abu Salem.
- In 1993, Vicky had a fallout with Dawood Ibrahim and eventually, his house in Ahmedabad was attacked.
- After some period of time, Vicky moved to South Africa and started his business in Zambia. Following leads, the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) of Zambia started hunting for him for drug trafficking.
- In 1994, ACC found Vicky guilty and recommended that he should be deported back to India.
- Then, he left Zambia overnight and fled to Johannesburg, where his business floursihed again and he even bought a private jet there.
- In 1996, when he came under the radar of South African police, he fled the country like he did in Zambia and came to Mumbai, but after few months, he reached Dubai.
- In 1997, he was arrested with Mandrax worth $6-million by the Dubai police in a joint search operation with the South African police and was jailed for life imprisionment. But, inside the jail, he converted to Islam and was released on Nov 15, 2012. nearly after 16 years.
- In Decemebr 2012, he arrived in India for a brief periodof time, but soon left for Kenya.
- Vicky was also in connection with some celebrities from Bollywood fraternity and that is when he came in contact with glamorous and controversial actress Mamta Kulkarni.
- By then, Vicky had got married to Mamta and both moved to Nairobi, Kenya. There again, he started his old business of smugling drugs. He was arrested again and was out on bail.
- In an interview to Bollywood Journalist, Mamta revealed that how Bollywood used to splurge on Vicky's money and how she fell in love with him after resisting his numerous advances.