Karnataka cabinet: Shivanand S Patil’s profile
Name : Shivanand S Patil
Portfolio: Health and Family Welfare Department.
Party : Congress
Age : 58
Spouse : N/A
Birth place: N/A
Father : Sidramgouda
Mother : N/A
Education : Diploma in Pharmacy from KLE'S J N Medical College Belgaum
Profession : Politician/ Businessman/ Agriculturist
Shivanand Patil's political journey:
- Shivanand Patil was a Janata Dal MLA in 1994 and won on a BJP ticket in the 1999 elections.
- Patil contested on a Congress in 2004, 2008, 2013 and 2018 assembly elections from Basavana Bagevadi . Out of these he won thrice and lost once.
- In 2013 Karnataka elections, Shivanand Patil defeated BJP's Bellubbi Sangappa Kallappa from Basavana Bagevadi constituency by 19,676 votes.
- In 2018 elections, he defeated JD (S)'s Somanagouda Patil by 3186 votes.
- On June 6, 2018, he was sworn-in as a cabinet minister in Kumaraswamy-led Congress-JD (S) government.