Kalraj Mishra Lists Achievements of Ministry of MSME
Kalraj Mishra, Union Minister for MSME recently said that one of the main changes which has been brought by him in the Ministry is the transparency and accountability in implementation of Schemes. Almost every Scheme of the Ministry has been put on the web.
Grievances are also being monitored through the web. Efforts are being made to bring even the MSME Census online. Mr. Mishra further said this while inter-acting with the media on the achievements of the Ministry in the last two years.
Kalraj Mishra thanked Prime Minister for taking up the Schemes like MUDRA and Stand Up India which have increased the number of MSMEs significantly. He also thanked Prime Minister for promoting Khadi through 'MANN KI BAAT' which has resulted in a record production and sale of Khadi.
Even Coir exports have surpassed a record of Rs.1900 crores during the year 2015-16 which was only around Rs.1400 crores during 2013-14.
Ease of doing business:
Another aspect of the working of the Ministry was to participate in ease of doing business in which Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) was launched in September, 2015. The success of the same can be got from the fact that about 8 lakh registrations have already been done in the last 8 ½ months, while, registration during the 67 years of independence was only around 22 lakhs.
लघु उद्योगों के लिए क्रेडिट लिंक कैपिटल सब्सिडी योजना: @KalrajMishraJune 1, 2016
— Kalraj Mishra (@KalrajMishra) June 3, 2016
Other major achievements listed:
1. Ministry came up with a Scheme of Revival and Rehabilitation of MSMEs. The Scheme will start benefitting the MSMEs from 1st July, 2016 by which time the banks will set up various branch-wise Committees to take up the cases of revival of MSMEs.
2. The Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) has not only been giving increased sums, but, the system has been made more transparent and easy for the entrepreneurs. This programme along with Khadi and Coir have created along with other programmes of the Ministry, more than 10 lakh jobs in the last 2 years.
3. Work on 38 SFURTI clusters was going on, out of which 20 will be completed by September, 2016. Further, out of 25 Livelihood Business Incubators under ASPIRE, 15 will be set up by 30th June, 2016 and 2 Technology Business Incubators will also be complete by June end.
4. The various components of National Manufacturing Competitive Programmes such as Lean Manufacturing, Technology and Quality Upgradation, Design Clinic etc. are even being made mobile friendly by launching 'MyMSME'. Increased funds have been allocated even during the year 2016-17 for giving a fillip to all the programmes.
5. A record of Rs.200 crores have been allocated for Performance and credit Rating Scheme which is expected to help more than 10,000 units.
6. National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC), the only Mini Ratna Company under the Ministry created a record as far as total business and profits were concerned. NSIC supplied raw materials of more than 10 lakh Metric tonnes during 2015-16 and credit support of more than Rs. 7,000 crores during the year.
7. National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (NI-MSME), Hyderabad, also organised entrepreneurship and skill development training programmes as well as Job Melas resulting into wage and self-employment for more than 30,000 persons. The Institute also organised 34 international training programmes for professionals for 140 countries on various schemes.
8. Ministry was in advance state for finalising the modalities of National Hub for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.