Bengaluru shocker: Woman, son, die after inhaling poisonous carbon monoxide from Geyser
Bengaluru, Dec 8: After reading this story, many people will think twice whether they should bathe, while keeping their bathroom geyser on switched on mode or not.
A 23-year-old woman and her 3-year-old son became victims of poisonous carbon monoxide that emancipated from the gas geyser installed in their washroom.
The tragic incident, that can happened with anyone, took place on Monday, Dec 7, Lakshmipura house in Kempegowda Nagar police station limits.
Toddler Amruth went inside the loo to answer nature's call and his mother Arpitha went inside the bathroom to bathe.
Amruth's grandparents, who were sitting in the hall, grew suspicion, when the duo did not come out the bathroom. After repeatedly knocking the door, they failed to get any response.
Then, they raised an alarm and called their neighbours, to help broke open the door. They were were left stunned to find their daughter-in-law and grandson in breathless state.
Both were rushed to a nearby hospital, where they were declared brought dead. According to police investigation, both fell unconscious after inhaling carbon monoxide, that lead to their deaths.
Their bodies were sent to Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), to ascertain the cause of their deaths.