Bengaluru demolition- Cases of corruption filed against 20 officials
Bengaluru, Aug 11: A case has been filed against 20 officials who were suspended after it had been found that they were allegedly involved allowing illegal constructions to take place in Bengaluru.
Following a directive by the the commissioner of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), the Bengaluru Metropolitan Task Force has filed cases of corruption against 20 officials of which 6 have retired.
On Wednesday government has suspended 14 officials after it was alleged that they were involved in allowing illegal constructions to take place in Bengaluru.
Out of the 20 names that have been recommended for action, six have retired. The suspension order of the 14 persons was carried out following an order of the additional secretary of the urban development department.
The BBMP stated that it had been identified that there is prima facie evidence that the officials have done wrong. It states that those who are still in service will be placed under immediate suspension.
A detailed inquiry may be ordered in these cases by the Special Commissioner (Projects), BBMP to get to the root of the matter, the note also states.
The officials against whom action has been recommended are:
- S C Kari Gowda, TPM, BDA (Retd)
- G J Nayak, TPM, BDA, (retd)
- D Sathyanarayana, EM, BDA, (retd)
- M N Shankar Bhat, Law Officer, BDA (retd)
- Guruprasad, Assistant Engineer, BBMP
- Govindaraju, JDTP(S), BBMP
- Shashidhar, ADTP, BBMP
- B T Mohan Krishna, DDTP, BBMP
- Chowdegowda, Additional Director, BBMP (Retd)
- K Veerendranath, Additional Director (retd)
- Mohammad Abdulla Azeem, AEE
- G Gurumurthy, AEE
- Vijaykumar D Patil, ADTP, BBMP
- D S Sarvothamaraju, ADTP, BBMP
- S Mrithyunjaya, SE
- T Natraj JDTP(S)
- Likath, AEE, BBMP
- Sunitha, AE, BBMP
- Gangappa, AEE, BBMP
- Munikrishna, Chief Engineer, BBMP