Average wealth of ministers in Karnataka cabinet is Rs 76 crore
Bengaluru, June 29: In the Karnataka Cabinet, 7 out of the 27 ministers have criminal cases pending against them. Karnataka Election Watch and Association for Democratic Reforms have analysed the self-sworn affidavits of all 26 out of 27 Ministers including Chief Minister from Karnataka State Assembly 2018. Out of these 27 ministers, 26 are MLAs and one MLC namely Jayamala. The affidavit of Jayamala was not available at the time of making this report.
- Ministers with Criminal Cases: 7(27%) ministers including the Chief Minister analysed have declared criminal cases against themselves.
- Ministers with Serious Criminal Cases: 4(15%) ministers including the Chief Minister have declared serious criminal cases against themselves.
- Crorepati Ministers: Out of the 26 ministers analysed, 25 (96%) are crorepatis.
- Average Assets: The average assets of 26 ministers analysed is Rs 76.08 crores.
- Ministers' Age: A total of 3(11%) ministers have declared their age to be between 31-50 years while 20(77%) ministers have declared their age to be between 51- 70 years. A total of 2(8%) ministers have declared their age to be between 71-80 years while one minister has declared his age to be above 80 years.
- Woman Minister: Out of 27 ministers, only 1 is a woman who has been elected from MLC.