Mumbai gangrape victim leaves hospital without covering her face
Mumbai, Aug 29: She wowed the entire nation with her courage and presence of mind even after she was brutally gangraped and now respect and admiration continues to flow as the Mumbai gangrape victim walked out of the Jaslok hospital without covering her face on Tuesday night.
The photojournalist, who is an intern for a magazine, was gangraped on August 22 by five men in the deserted Shakti Mills compound while she was on an assignment and was accompanied by her colleague. After the brutal incident she straightaway headed to the hospital where she narrated the whole incident to the doctors, who then called the police.
On Tuesday after the doctors declared her to be 'medically fit', the victim was in a dilemma whether to leave the hospital with her face covered or to walk out like any other normal patient. Hospital sources told a Mumbai newspaper that she was hesitant, at first, to leave the hospital as she didn't want any media attention, considering it was the first time she was going to step out after the incident.
However after a long discussion, she finally decided to leave the hospital with her face uncovered. Many welcomed her bold move and said that she is fearless and walks with her head held high on Twitter.
The victim had earlier told that she would continue to work and wished to finish her assignment. People from across the nation had then lauded her for her courage and enthusiasm to return to work.
The victim is determined to get the culprits the strictest punishment possible saying,"It does not stop here."