No change in 3G spectrum schedule: A Raja
New Delhi, Dec 11: Telecom Minister A Raja has assured that the 3G spectrum auction is right on track and that there is no change in the schedule.
"There is no change in auction schedule," Raja told reporters on Friday, Dec 11, adding that the empowered group of ministers (eGoM) will be taking a decision on the number of slots to be sold.
"The eGoM will decide on the number of slots," the minister said answering a question.
This comes a day after there were reports that the government has decided to auction only three slots of the spectrum as fourth slot had already been allotted to state-owned MTNL and BSNL.
As per the schedule set by the Department of Telecom (DoT) the auction of 3G spectrum will start on Jan 14.