Four more swine flu deaths in Victoria
Melbourne, July 8 (ANI): Four more Australians have died of swine flu in Victoria, the state's health department has confirmed.
Victoria's deputy chief health officer, Dr Rosemary Lester, said on Monday that the Department of uman Services had been informed about the deaths over the past few days.
Three died after being admitted to hospital with flu-like symptoms, Dr Lester stated.
The most recent death was a 68-year-old man who died in a Melbourne hospital, The Age reports.
Dr Lester said the department did not have permission from families to release details on the three earlier deaths.
"All four had underlying health conditions which made them more susceptible to illness," he added.
The state has had 11 deaths associated with human swine flu, a health department statement said.
At least 18 people with swine flu have now died throughout Australia. (ANI)