I was tortured, made to see obscene CD: Pragya Thakur
Mumbai, Nov 25: On Monday, Nov 24 Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya Thakur accused the Maharashtra Police's Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) of making her hear an obscene CD and repeated her earlier allegation of torture. She said that there was no lady officer present during her interrogation.
Sadhvi, Lt Col. Prasad Purohit, Shivnarain Singh Kalsangra, Shyam Sahu, Sameer Kulkarni, Major (retired) Ramesh Upadhyay, Ajay Rahirkar and Rakesh Dhawde were produced before the designated MCOCA (Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act) court in Mumbai on Monday, Nov 24. All the accused said to court that they had been tortured by ATS officials during interrogation.
Meanwhile in a setback to Mumbai ATS, the MCOCA court remanded the accused to judicial custody till Dec 3, dismissing the plea to keep them under police custody under MCOCA. The accused were earlier held by the ATS under MCOCA that would enable them to get their remand any number of times in a period of 180 days, from the day on which the case was registered against the accused (Sep 29).
The affidavit filed by Pragya Thakur's lawyer in the Nashik court about ATS torture had already raised storm across the country. Senior BJP leader L K Advani criticised the ATS for their barbaric treatment to Sadhvi. National Security Advisor, M K Narayan assured Advani that a probe will be conducted into the allegations made by Sadhvi Pragya Thakur.