Srinagar, Dec 5: Prof Saifuddin Soz MP (Former Union Minister) and President J&K Pradesh Congress Committee addressed a mammoth gathering at Gundipora, Beerwah on Thursday.
He was accompanied by Meem Afzal Senior Congress Leader and National Spokesperson of AICC, Gulam Nabi Monga MLC, Vice President J&K PCC, Farooq Andrabi General Secretary, Nazir Ahmad Khan, Gulam Mohd Shiekh, Master Mohd Maqbool,Shameema Sopori, Shameema Khan and others.
Soz explained to people that in the recently released Manifesto
the Congress Party had given a clear pledge to identify prominent
demands of Kashmir that are required to be fulfilled which are
1. A comprehensive package for employment of youth.
2. Complete possible promotion of Kashmir Handicrafts
3. Complete possible development of potential of Tourism
4. Progressive exploitation of water resources which can result in regular generation of Electricity and Irrigation
5. Putting into shape a comprehensive Disaster Management Project, particularly permanent protection against floods in future.
Soz said that Congress Party feels confident that it (Congress) shall have a largest presence in the J&K Legislative Assembly (2014) and we are determent to fulfill these promises. He further said that it is the Congress Party that will decide the future shape of coalition govt in the State.
Addressing the gathering Meem Afzal urged the people to believe in the fact that Congress Party alone would fight the communal forces unleashed by the RSS in the country.
Meem Afzal expressed satisfaction that Congress was vibrant situation in all the three regions of the State. He further said that it was a pleasant surprise to him to the see the Congress as a heartwarming situation.
Earlier these leaders addressed the meeting at Kralpora (Chadura) and Batmaloo. Those who addressed the gatherings included Gulam Nabi Monga, Farooq Andrabi, Master Mohd Maqbool, Nazir Ahmad Khan and others.