Singapore, Mar 18: With the 2015 Formula One season underway, Wealth-X, a global authority on wealth intelligence released yesterday a list of the top 10 richest F1 drivers of all time, which includes active and retired race car drivers.
The seven-time world champion, Michael Schumacher enters first place on the list. The retired German driver, who last raced for Mercedes in 2012, is currently recovering from a serious brain injury from a skiing accident in the French Alps in 2013.
Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton, who opened the 2015 season with a convincing victory at last saturday's Australian Grand Prix came in fifth place on the Wealth-X list. The youngest driver on the list is 27-year-old Sebastien Vettel and the oldest is 60-year-old retired Frenchman Alain Prost.
Below Wealth-X's top 10 all-time F1 Driver Rich List:
1. Michael Schumacher (retired) of Mercedes with a net worth of $780 million dollars
2. Fernando Alonso of McLaren with a net worth of $220 million dollars
3. Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari with a net worth of $180 million dollars
4. Eddie Irvine (retired) of Jaguar with a net worth of $180 million dollars
5. Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes with a net worth of $ 110 million dollars
6. Jenson Button of McLaren with a net worth of $ 100 million dollars
7. Alan Prost (retired) of Williams with a net worth of $70 million dollars
8. David Coulthard (retired) of Red Bull with a net worth of $70 million dollars
9. Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari with a net worth of $45 million dollars
10. Nico Rosberg of Mercedes with a net worth of $30 million dollars