Goetze's 113th minute goal took Germany to the title with a 1-0 win over Argentina in the final at Maracana stadium.
While 14 players were in action in the title match, there were 9 others on the bench who watched from the sidelines. Once the game was over, it was celebration time for all 23 footballers along with the coaching staff.
Only one player among the 23 had previously played in a World Cup final. It was Miroslav Klose, who featured in the 2002 World Cup final 0-2 loss to Brazil in Yokohama, Japan.
Here are the 23 champion German players (Read as player's name, jersey number, position, club)
- Manuel Neuer (23) - Goalkeeper (Bayern Munich)
- Benedikt Hoewedes (4) - Defender (Schalke 04)
- Mats Hummels (5) - Defender (Borussia Dortmund)
- Bastian Schweinsteiger (7) - Midfielder (Bayern Munich)
- Mesut Oezil (8) - Midfielder (Arsenal)
- Miroslav Klose (11) - Forward (Lazio)
- Thomas Muller (13) - Forward (Bayern Munich)
- Philipp Lahm (Captain) (16) - Defender (Bayern Munich)
- Toni Kroos (18) - Midfielder (Bayern Munich)
- Jerome Boateng (20) - Defender (Bayern Munich)
- Christoph Kramer (23) - Midfielder (Borussia Moenchengladbach)
- Andre Schuerrle (9) - Midfielder (Chelsea)
- Mario Goetze (19) - Midfielder (Bayern Munich)
- Per Mertesacker (17) - Defender (Arsenal)
- Kevin Grosskreutz (2) - Defender (Borussia Dortmund)
- Matthias Ginter (3) - Defender (Freiburg)
- Lukas Podolski (10) - Forward (Arsenal)
- Ron-Robert Zieler (12) - Goalkeeper (Hanover 96)
- Julian Draxler (14) - Midfielder (Schalke 04)
- Erik Durm (15) - Defender (Borussia Dortmund)
- Roman Weidenfeller (22) - Goalkeeper (Borussia Dortmund)
- Sami Khedira (6) - Midfielder (Real Madrid)
- Shkodran Mustafi (21) - Defender (Sampdoria)
Coach: Joachim Loew
Note: Players from 1 to 14 played in the final (Schuerrle 31st minute, Goetze 88, and Metesacker 120, came as substitutes for Kramer, Klose and Oezil respectively).