A second-string Indian team, led by Ajinkya Rahane will face Zimbabwe from Friday (July 10) in a 3-match One Day International series. After this they will compete in 2 Twenty20 Internationals.
Regular skipper MS Dhoni, Test leader Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and R Ashwin have all been rested from this tour.
Here is your complete guide to India's tour to Zimbabwe
How many matches between the sides?
- 3 ODIs and 2 T20Is
Tour Schedule (All matches at Harare Sports Club, Harare) - All day games
ODIs (12.30 PM IST)
- July 10 (Friday); July 12 (Sunday); July 14 (Tuesday)
T20Is (4.30 PM IST)
- July 17 (Friday); July 19 (Sunday)
Where to watch on TV in India?
- Ten Sports/ Ten Cricket will telecast all matches Live
- ODIs (Played 57 - From 1983 to 2015) - India - 45; Zimbabwe - 10; 2 Tied
- T20Is (Played 2 - In 2010) - India - 2; Zimbabwe - 0
Most recent meeting
- India beat Zimbabwe by 6 wickets in Auckland at ICC World Cup 2015
What happened when India last toured Zimbabwe?
- India made a clean sweep of the ODI series 5-0 in 2013 under the leadership of Kohli
- This will be the first series for India under the new rules
- India: Ajinkya Rahane (captain), Murali Vijay, Ambati Rayudu (wicketkeeper), Manoj Tiwary, Kedar Jadhav (wicketkeeper), Robin Uthappa (wicketkeeper), Manish Pandey, Harbhajan Singh, Axar Patel, Karn Sharma (injured, withdrawn), Dhawal Kulkarni, Stuart Binny, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohit Sharma, Sandeep Sharma.
- Zimbabwe: Elton Chigumbura (captain), Regis Chakabva (wicketkeeper), Sean Williams, Chamu Chibhabha, Graeme Cremer, Neville Madziva, Hamilton Masakadza, Richmond Mutumbami (wicketkeeper), Tinashe Panyangara, Vusi Sibanda, Sikandar Raza, Donald Tiripano, Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori, Malcolm Waller.
- 27-year-old Rahane will become India's 23rd ODI captain