Dhaka, June 17: The stage is set for Bangladesh-India One Day International series. But as it was in the one-off Test between the sides, inclement weather could have the final say in the 3 contests.
The teams will face off in the series opener tomorrow (June 18). All 3 games are day-night encounters. (1st ODI scorecard)
Here is your guide to the ODI series (Rain rules are here)
Who are playing?
- India Vs Bangladesh. This is the first meeting between the sides in 50-over format since the controversial ICC World Cup 2015 quarter-final in Australia
How many matches and when?
- 3 ODIs (June 18, 21 and 24)
Which is the venue?
- All 3 matches will be played at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur (Dhaka)
What is the overall head-to-head record?
- India - 25
- Bangladesh - 3
- Total ODIs played between the sides - 29 (1 No Result)
When will the matches start?
- All games are day-nighters and will begin at 2.30 PM IST (3 PM Local)
Where to watch on TV in India?
- All matches will be broadcast Live on Star Sports. Live scores here
Where do the teams stand in ICC ODI Rankings?
- India - No. 2
- Bangladesh - No. 8
Who are the key players?
- India - MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Bangladesh - Mashrafe Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Taskin Ahmed
What is the weather forecast?
- It is monsoon season in Bangladesh and rain is forecast for all 3 match days
What will happen if the matches are affected by rain?
- All 3 games have been allotted reserve days. However if a team batting second completes 20 overs, then we will have a result on the same day with Duckworth/Lewis method coming into play
- Bangladesh: Mashrafe Mortaza (captain), Shakib Al Hasan (vice-captain), Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shabbir Rahaman, Nasir Hossain, Arafat Sunny, Taskin Ahmed, Rubel Hossain, Rony Talukdar, Mustafizur Rahman, Liton Kumar Das.
- India: MS Dhoni (captain and wicketkeeper), Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Mohit Sharma, Stuart Binny, Dhawal Kulkarni.
- Umpires: Rod Tucker (Australia) and local appointments
- Match Referee: Andy Pycroft (Zimbabwe)