Bengaluru. Feb 26: Afghanistan, debutants in the ICC World Cup this year, on Thursday shocked Scotland, who are playing in their third World Cup, in their third match at Dunedin. This victory meant that all members of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (Saarc) participating in this year's World Cup Down Under have won except Pakistan.
Here is a look at the performance of the five Saarc nations playing in the World Cup so far [till February 26, 2015]:
- India beat Pakistan and South Africa in their
first two matches in have a 100 per cent record
- Sri Lanka lost to New Zealand in their first
match but beat Afghanistan in the next game
- Bangladesh started their World Cup campaign by
crushing Afghanistan. Their next game against Australia was washed
out by rain
- Afghanistan lost to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
in their first two matches but snatched a stunning victory against
- Pakistan have lost both their matches played in the World Cup so far. They lost to India by 76 runs and to the West Indies by 130 runs.
The SAARC has a total membership of eight. Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives are yet to play in World Cup cricket.
The sixth Asian side who is playing in the 2015 World Cup is the United Arab Emirates. They also have lost both their games played so far.