Hobart, March 11: Kumar Sangakkara completed 400 runs in the ICC World Cup being played in Australia and New Zealand. His four consecutive tons in this tournament have not only set up a unique record but also made him the top scorer for Sri Lanka in World Cups.Before the start of this World Cup, Sangakkara was placed in the fifth position after Sanath Jayasuriya, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Mahela Jayawardena and Aravinda de Silva. After the completion of his fifth innings in the 2015 World Cup, Sangakkara clinched the top position in the list.
Here is the list of Sri Lanka's top 10 batsmen scoring the most runs at the World Cup:
- Kumar Sangakkara 1476 runs in 36 matches (100s 5) Average 59.04
- Sanath Jayasuriya 1165 runs in 38 matches (100s 3) Average: 34.26
- Tillakaratne Dilshan 1112 runs in 26 matches (100s 4) Average: 55.60
- Mahela Jayawardena 1096 runs in 39 matches (100s 4) Average: 37.79
- Aravinda de Silva 1064 runs in 35 matches (100s 2) Average 36.68