Melbourne, March 19: If India win their quarter-final against Bangladesh being played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground here on Thursday, they will make their sixth semi-final in the history of World Cup cricket.
Here is a look at the brief results of India's semi-final matches played in the World Cup:
- India beat England by 6 wickets in Manchester in 1983 [England 213 in 60 overs, India 217/4 in 54.4 overs]
- India lost to England by 35 runs in Bombay (now Mumbai) in 1987 [England 254/6 in 50 overs, India 219 in 45.3 overs]
- India lost after the match in Kolkata was forfeited to Sri Lanka due to crowd disturbance [Sri Lanka 251/8 in 50 overs, India 120/8 in 34.1 overs]
- India beat Kenya by 91 runs in Durban in 2003 [India 270/4 in 50 overs, Kenya 179 in 46.2 overs]
- India beat Pakistan by 29 runs in Mohali in 2011 [India 260/9 in 50 overs, Pakistan 231 in 49.5 overs]
- India beat Bangladesh by 109 runs to enter the semifinal in 2015 [they will play the winners of Pakistan versus Australia match]