Australia have proved themselves to be one of the most lethal bowling side of this tournament for not many side has succeeded to score that many runs against them.
Here is the list of scores that teams have scored against Australia in this tournament:
- Sri Lanka 312 all out in 46.2 overs in Sydney [Aus won
by 64 runs]
- India 233 all out in 46.5 overs in Sydney [Aus won by
- England 231 all out in 41.5 overs in Melbourne [Aus won
by 111 runs]
- Pakistan 213 all out in 49.5 overs in Adelaide [Aus won
by 6 wickets]
- New Zealand 183 in 45 overs in Melbourne
- New Zealand 152/9 in 23.1 overs in Auckland [NZ won by
- Afghanistan 142 all out in 37.3 overs in Perth [Aus won
by 275 runs]
- Scotland 130 all out in 25.4 overs in Hobart [Aus won by 7 wickets]
The group match between Australia and Bangladesh in Brisbane was abandoned due to rain.
For those who were blasting India over their 'bad performance' against Australia in the semi-final, their score of 233 is still the second-highest against a formidable bowling attack in this World Cup.
So not really an abject surrender, isn't it?