Melbourne, March 29: Australia and New Zealand played in the final of the eleventh World Cup final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground here on Sunday.
Here is a list of those batsmen who have scored a century in World Cup finals:
- Clive Lloyd (West Indies) scored 102 off 85 balls against Australia in 1975 [WI won]
- Vivian Richards (West Indies) scored 138 not out off 157 balls against England in 1979 [WI won]
- Aravinda de Silva (Sri Lanka) scored 107 not out off 124 balls against Australia in 1996 [SL won]
- Ricky Ponting (Australia) scored 140 not out off 121 balls against India in 2003 [Aus won]
- Adam Gilchrist (Australia) scored 149 off 104 balls against Sri Lanka in 2007 [Aus won]
- Mahela Jayawardena (Sri Lanka) scored 103 not out off 88 balls against India in 2011 [India won]