New Delhi, May 28: Sunrisers Hyderabad skipper David Warner smashed unbeaten 93 as he single-handedly led Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) into the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2016 final after securing a four wicket win over Gujarat Lions (GL) in the Qualifier 2, in New Delhi on Friday. (Match Scorecard)
Chasing a tricky 163, Sunrisers overhauled the target with four balls to spare as Warner anchored the chase with his responsible 58-ball knock, embellished with 11 four and three sixes. (Warner leads SRH into IPL 9 final)
Hyderabad will now challenge Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) on Sunday as the two teams will compete for their first ever IPL title.
Here are some interesting facts about summit clash between SRH and RCB and records made during tonight's match:
1. It will be the first time in his career when Yuvraj Singh will be playing in an IPL final.
2. On Tuesday, it was AB de Villiers (79*) for the Royal Challengers Bangalore and tonight it was David Warner's 96* which denied Gujarat Lions a place in the final.
3. Three times in this season, David Warner has crossed 75 runs and on all those occasions he ended up scoring 90-plus.
4. Record for most scores in the 90s in the IPL is held by David Warner. He has done it 5 times and his side has won all five of those matches.
5. 468 runs scored by Warner in this IPL while chasing, which is most by any batsman in a single season.
6. David Warner 4th batsman to aggregate 700+ in an IPL season; Chris Gayle has done it twice.
7. This is the 2nd time Hyderabad and Bangalore will clash for the IPL trophy. The IPL sides from the two cities met each other in the 2009 final. Back then, the Hyderabad side was Deccan Chargers and it won the final.
8. This is the second successive season when Suresh Raina has failed to score 400+ runs after seven seasons in a row between 2008 to 2014.
9. The summit clash between RCB and SRH on Sunday (May 29) is going to be batsmen vs bowlers for RCB has had the best batting line up while SRH has the best bowling attack in this season.