Kingston (Jamaica), June 13: Australia's Steve Smith became only the 8th batsman in Test history to be dismissed on 199, during the 2nd day of their 2nd Test against West Indies here at Sabina Park, on Friday (June 12).
Smith was trapped LBW by Jerome Taylor on 199 (361 balls, 21x4, 2x6). The right-handed batsman, however, reviewed the decision but it did not help as the on-field umpire was right.
So far in 2,166 Tests, 8 batsmen have been unlucky to have headed back to the pavilion on 199. The first in the list is Pakistan's Mudassar Nazar, who was dismissed against India in 1984.
Batsmen dismissed on 199 in Tests
1. Mudassar Nazar (Pakistan) Vs India in 1984 (Faisalabad)
3. Matthew Elliott (Australia) Vs England in 1997 (Leeds)
4. Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka) Vs India in 1997 (Colombo)
6. Younis Khan (Pakistan) Vs India in 2006 (Lahore)
7. Ian Bell (England) Vs South Africa in 2008 (Lord's)
8. Steve Smith (Australia) Vs West Indies in 2015 (Kingston)