World T20: Mustafizur Rahman has a God-gifted slower ball, says Ashish Nehra

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Mar 22: Veteran India bowler Ashish Nehra lauded young Bangladeshi pacer Mustafizur Rahman ahead of his side's crucial encounter with the neighbours in the ICC World Twenty20 in Bengaluru on Wednesday.

World T20 Special Site; Photos; Points Table

The Delhi pacer went on saying that he lucky to have the young southpaw pacer in his IPL team. 

World T20: Mustafizur Rahman has a God-gifted slower ball, says Ashish Nehra

Praising the young southpaw pacer, Nehra said, "Mustafizur (Rahman) has a God-gifted slower ball. Thankfully, he is in my team in the IPL."

Both Nehra as well as Mustafizur are part of IPL franchise Pune Supergaints led by MS Dhoni.

(Preview: World T20: India Vs Bangladesh in Bengaluru on March 23)

Talking to Cricbuzz about Team India's preparations against Bangladesh Nehra said his side is confident and the mood inside dressing room is quite good.

"The mood is very good. We're very confident. In this format, every game is a virtual knockout till you lift the trophy," he added.

When asked about the latest India-Bangladesh rivalry over social media and about the new 'Mauka-Mauka' ad before epic encounter the Pune Supergiants pacer said he is not on Twitter/Facebook.

"I still use my old Nokia. I don't use Facebook/Twitter. You're asking the wrong person," he added.

Talking about the net run rate situation in the ongoing tournament the veteran bowler said his team's first priority is winning the match. (WT20 schedule)

"We are aware of the NRR situation but it's more important to win the game. We will take it one game at a time now," said Nehra.

Galvanised by the triumph over arch-rivals Pakistan, a confident India will look for another colossal victory and inch closer to the semi-finals when they square off against an embattled Bangladesh.

A victory in tomorrow's Super 10 Group 2 match would take the hosts a step closer to the coveted semi-final berth and the team would look to ensure that it wins big to improve its Net Run Rate, which took a hit owing to the New Zealand loss.

Bangladesh, on the other hand, are on the verge of being knocked out of the event and a win would go a long way in giving them a mathematical chance of making the last- four stage.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...