On the 4th day, India were bowled out for 224 in the second innings and the target of 128 was chased down by the home team after some excitement where they lost 6 wickets. Australia now have an unbeatable 2-0 lead in the 4-math series. The 3rd Test starts on December 26 in Melbourne.
Dhoni revealed how they had been set back by "a bit of unrest" in the dressing room before play after Shikhar Dhawan's injury in the nets.
Here are captain's MS Dhoni's reasons (we have picked 10 from them) after the second Test defeat to Australia. He spoke to the media after the match
- Unrest in dressing room due to Shikhar Dhawan's injury
- Dhawan's injury before play on 4th day
- Bad practice pitches which led to Dhawan's injury
- Lack of batting partnership in 2nd innings on day 4
- First session on day 4 was crucial, failed
- Game did not go into 5th day
- If it went to day 5, could have exploited two-paced track
- Mitchell Johnson's 88-run knock
- Johnson's catches were just falling short of fielders or just away
- On 50-50 umpiring calls we were on the receiving end