With his exceptional power hittings and passion towards game, the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) opener and skipper entertained billions of cricket fans along with shattering and setting several new records in Twenty20 history. (Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier)
The prolific right-handed batter played some exquisite innings in the ninth edition of tournament and created some incredible records as well. (Full list of award winners)
Known for his immaculate timing and technique, the Delhi batsman smashed four centuries this season and ended the tournament as the Orange Cap winner for amassing maximum runs in the cash-rich league.
Here are the records created/shattered by Virat Kohli during IPL 9:
1. Maximum runs in a single IPL season: Virat Kohli ended the season with incredible 973 runs under his belt which is a record. He fell short of just 27 runs to breach 1000-run barrier.
2. Most runs by any batsman in any T20/limited overs tournament: Virat's 973 in 16 innings is also the maximum runs aggregated by any batsman in the limited overs tournament.
3. 1 short of Don Bradman's world record: The Indian swashbuckler remained just 1 run short of equalling Sir Don Bradman's record 974 runs which he scored in 1930 Ashes Test series.
4. Highest run-getter in IPL: With 4110 runs, Kohli is also the highest run-getter in IPL history.
5. Maximum centuries in an IPL season: He has slammed 4 centuries in this season, a record. He is also the only skipper to have slammed 4 centuries in the history of the game.
6. Most runs in an over: Virat Kohli smashed 30 runs off Gujarat Lions' Shivil Kaushik's 1 over.
7. Most sixes in IPL 9: Virat Kohli has hit 38 sixes in IPL 9.
8. Highest average in IPL 9: Kohli averaged a whopping 81.08 in the tournament.
9. First skipper to post 500 plus runs in three IPL seasons: He scored 634 runs in 2013, 505 runs in 2015, 973 runs in 2016.
10. 6445: Number of runs scored by Virat Kohli in all formats of T20, most by an Indian cricketer.