Chennai, Dec 18: India opener KL Rahul on Sunday (December 18) became latest victim of nervous 190's after unluckily getting dismissed at 199 here at Chennai.
Batting at 199, the 24-year-old Karnataka batsman tried to reach his maiden Test double quickly but lobbed an easy catch to cover point after completely misjudging Adil Rashid's delivery.
Just a ball before, Rahul had hit a four to reach 199. Perhaps the nervousness crept into the right-handers' mind which forced him to play a ball going outside the off-stumps.
Rahul's wicket stunned the crowd as well as the Indian dressing room that seemed relaxed until that point and preparing to cheer him up.
With this innings, Lokesh Rahul, thus, became the ninth batsman in the history of Test cricket to be dismissed at 199 and joined an unwanted league of batsmen.
He, thus, became only the second Indian batsman after Mohammad Azharuddin to be dismissed at 199.
Rahul joined the group of Mudassar Nazar, Mohammad Azharuddin and Steve Smith to fell one short of the double ton.
Here is the list of cricketers who were dismissed at 199:
1. Mudassar Nazar (PAK) 199 vs India Faisalabad (24 Oct 1984)
2. Mohammed Azharuddin (INDIA) 199 v Sri Lanka Kanpur (17 Dec 1986)
3. Matthew Elliott (AUS) 199 v England Leeds (24 Jul 1997)
4. Sanath Jayasuriya (SL) 199 v India Colombo (SSC) (9 Aug 1997)
5. Steve Waugh (AUS) 199 v West Indies Bridgetown (26 Mar 1999)
6. Younis Khan (PAK) 199 v India Lahore (13 Jan 2006)
7. Ian Bell (ENG) 199 v South Africa Lord's (10 Jul 2008)
8. Steve Smith (AUS) 199 v West Indies Kingston (11 Jun 2015)
9. KL Rahul (INDIA) 199 v England Chennai (today Dec 18, 2016)