Bengaluru, May 2: The cricket season is in full frenzy mode with the Indian Premier League 2016 (IPL 9) under way and the fans are ignoring the sizzling summer to get a glimpse of their favourite stars.
Besides the six wickets and cricketing heroes, there is one other thing that has caught the attention of Bengaluru cricket lovers. To interest, "Jionet" High Speed WiFi is made available across the M Chinnaswamy Stadium. Tonight (May 2), Virat Kohli-led Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) are playing Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at the stadium.
Fans can look forward to something else: Jionet, high-speed Wi-Fi connectivity. Jionet, brought by Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, is going to change how cricket fans enjoy their games, by providing high-speed internet connectivity at Chinnaswamy stadium.
Also read: 'Jionet' service during WT20
Jionet has embarked on this huge project as a part of revolutionizing how spectators experience the games, as they are commonly faced with issues regarding connectivity.
Mobile networks aren't able to handle such large data traffic Jionet will change this - the connectivity will not only be adequate but will actually be many times faster than experienced before.
As a result of which, spectators will be able to share their story ball by ball, connect with their friends and family, surf, stay connected on social networking sites, and more.
JioNet connectivity at 6 stadiums
1. Feroz Shah Kotla, New Delhi
2. SCA Stadium, Rajkot
3. Eden Gardens, Kolkata
4. Punjab Cricket Stadium, Mohali
5. M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
6. Rajiv Gandhi Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad
Steps to connect to 'Jionet' Wi-Fi
- Any visitor can connect to 'Jionet', the Jio Wi-Fi network, through four simple Login steps
- Switch on Wi-Fi on mobile/ tablet/ laptop and Select 'Jionet'
- Open Browser window and type any website name in the Address Bar. One gets automatically re-directed to Login Page. Alternatively one can also type "jionet.jio.in" in the Browser window to open the Login page
- Register with Mobile No. and request for Verification Code
- One would receive Code through SMS. Feed in the Code in Login Page and click 'Verify' to enjoy high speed Wi-Fi
- The Code is valid for 24 Hours, post which one can again request for a new Code
- The system automatically logs out the user if there is no internet activity for 30 minutes. In such a case User can again log in, using the same Code