Mumbai, May 15: Two-time champions Chennai Super Kings (CSK) have become the first team to make the playoffs of IPL 2015 but 5 sides have set up an exciting battle for the remaining 3 slots after last night's thriller at Wankhede Stadium.
With this win, MI kept their playoff hopes alive and making the last few days of the league stage even more exciting.
Now there are just 5 matches remaining in the league phase with KKR, Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH), Rajasthan Royals (RR), MI and Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) fighting for 3 places in the top-four.
Barring RCB and SRH, who both face off today (Friday), all other 3 teams have one game apiece which will prove to be knockout matches.
In case of teams finishing on equal points, the side with most number of wins will advance to the next stage.
Remaining matches in league stage of IPL 2015
- Match 52 - 15 May (Friday) - SRH Vs RCB (Hyderabad) 8 PM
- Match 53 - 16 May (Saturday) - KXIP Vs CSK (Mohali) 4 PM
- Match 54 - 16 May - RR Vs KKR (Mumbai, Brabourne Stadium) 8 PM
- Match 55 - 17 May (Sunday) - RCB Vs DD (Bengaluru) 4 PM
- Match 56 - 17 May - SRH Vs MI (Hyderabad) 8 PM
- Playoffs from May 19