Mumbai, May 19: Mumbai Indians (MI) are on a roll and with home advantage, they will hold slight edge over two-time champions Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in tonight's Qualifier 1 of the Indian Premier League 2015 (IPL 8) at the Wankhede Stadium.
MI had a horrendous start (4 losses in a row) to their IPL 8 campaign but turned it around brilliantly to finish the league in the 2nd position. CSK, the most consistent side in the tournament's history, have made it to the playoffs in every edition and are now aiming to reach a record 6th final.
CSK will be without their big-hitting Brendon McCullum, who has returned for national duty. This is a huge blow for them in this crucial game. Though MI hold a bit of edge in this contest, CSK know how to win the big games. A close finish is expected. (Kohli and Yuvraj break rules for Anushka)
The loser, however, gets a second chance to reach the final, playing in Qualifier 2 on May 22. The winner of today's clash goes straight into the title round on May 24 in Kolkata.
Here is your guide to today's Qualifier 1 (Match 57) in IPL 2015
Who are playing? (Match Preview)
- Chennai Super Kings Vs Mumbai Indians
Where, when and time? (IPL gallery)
- Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- May 19 (Tuesday)
- 8 PM IST
Where to watch on TV in India?
- Sony MAX (Hindi commentary)
- Sony SIX (English)
- Sony AATH (Bengali)
- Sony KIX (Tamil, Telugu)
- List of broadcasters for other countries is here
- CSK - Dwayne Smith, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni, Dwayne Smith, Ashish Nehra, Ravindra Jadeja
- MI - Lendl Simmons, Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard, Mitchell McClenaghan, Lasith Malinga, Harbhajan Singh
- CSK - 10
- MI - 10
This season's meetings (1-1)
Where did they finish in league table?
- CSK - No. 1 (18 points) - 9 wins, 5 losses
- MI - No. 2 (16 points) - 8 wins, 6 losses
- Chennai Super Kings: MS Dhoni (captain and wicketkeeper), Ashish Nehra, Baba Aparajith, Brendon McCullum, Dwayne Bravo, Dwayne Smith, Francois du Plessis, Ishwar Pandey, Matt Henry, Mithun Manhas, Mohit Sharma, Pawan Negi, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Samuel Badree, Suresh Raina, Ronit More, Michael Hussey, Rahul Sharma, Kyle Abbott, Ankush Bains, Irfan Pathan, Pratyush Singh, Andrew Tye, Eklavya Dwivedi.
- Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma (captain), Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard, Ambati Rayudu, Harbhajan Singh, Aditya Tare, Jasprit Bumrah, Marchant de Lange, Pawan Suyal, Shreyas Gopal, Lendl Simmons, Pragyan Ojha, Mitchell McClenaghan, Abhimanyu Mithun, Aiden Blizzard, Akshay Wakhare, Nitish Rana, Siddhesh Lad, Hardik Pandya, Jagadeesha Suchith, Unmukt Chand, Vinay Kumar, Parthiv Patel (wicketkeeper), Colin Munro, Ben Hilfenhaus, Alex Hales.
- Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka) and Richard Illingworth (England)
- TV Umpire: Vineet Kulkarni (India)
- 4th Umpire: CK Nandan (India)
- Match Referee: Ranjan Madugalle (Sri Lanka)