Pune, May 20: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) face off tonight in Eliminator of the Indian Premier League 2015 (IPL 8). The winner goes on to play Qualifier 2 against Chennai Super Kings (CSK) while the loser exits from the tournament.
Virat Kohli-led RCB start as favourites due to their recent performances but playing for the first time this season in Pune could be tricky. RR, however, have played 1 game and won at the MCA International Stadium.
For RR, Shane Watson hit a century in the last league match and will be hoping to carry that form forward. Ajinkya Rahane and Steve Smith are the other two key batsmen.
Here is your guide to today's Eliminator (Match 58) in IPL 2015
Who are playing? (Match Preview)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs Rajasthan Royals
Where, when and time?
- MCA International Stadium, Pune
- May 20 (Wednesday)
- 8 PM IST
Where to watch on TV in India?
- Sony MAX (Hindi commentary)
- Sony SIX (English)
- Sony AATH (Bengali)
- Sony KIX (Tamil, Telugu)
- List of broadcasters for other countries is here
- RCB - Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Mitchell Starc, Yuzvendra Chahal
- RR - Ajinkya Rahane, Shane Watson, Steve Smith, James Faulkner, Chris Morris
- RCB - 7
- RR - 7
This season's meetings
- RCB - 1
- RR - 0
- Match in Bengaluru was washed out
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: Virat Kohli (captain), AB de Villiers, Chris Gayle, Mitchell Starc, Nic Maddinson, Varun Aaron, Ashok Dinda, Harshal Patel, Vijay Zol, Abu Nechim, Sandeep Warrier, Yogesh Takawale, Yuzvendra Chahal, Rilee Rossouw, Iqbal Abdulla, Manvinder Bisla, Mandeep Singh, Dinesh Karthik (wicketkeeper), Subramaniam Badrinath, Darren Sammy, Sean Abbott, David Wiese, Sarfaraz Khan, Jalaj Saxena, Shishir Bhavane, Sreenath Arvind.
- Rajasthan Royals: Steve Smith (captain), Shane Watson, Stuart Binny, James Faulkner, Ajinkya Rahane, Sanju Samson (wicketkeeper), Rajat Bhatia, Tim Southee, Dhawal Kulkarni, Abhishek Nayar, Kane Richardson, Ben Cutting, Karun Nair, Deepak Hooda, Dishant Yagnik, Vikramjeet Malik, Ankit Sharma, Rahul Tewatia, Pravin Tambe, Chris Morris, Dinesh Salunkhe, Juan Theron, Pradeep Sahu, Barinder Saran, Sagar Trivedi.
- Umpires: Anil Chaudhary and C Shamshuddin (both from India)
- TV Umpire: Chris Gaffaney (New Zealand)
- 4th Umpire: K Srinath
- Match Referee: Roshan Mahanama (Sri Lanka)