Harare, June 20: Coming back strongly after a humiliating loss in the 1st match, MS Dhoni-led Team India posted a comprehensive 10-wicket victory over Zimbabwe in the second Twenty20 International of the three-match series at Harare Sports Club here on Monday (June 20).
Chasing a paltry target of 100 in 120 deliveries, Indian openers Mandeep Singh and Lokesh Rahul kept their wickets intact to ensure hosts their first 10-wicket victory in the shortest format of the game.
Here are the statistical highlights of the second T20 match:
1. Left-arm seamer Barinder Sran had a sensational T20 International debut as he finished with best bowling figures for India. Sran's 4/10 is the second best bowling figures on debut in T20Is and best for India.
2. Jasprit Bumrah claimed his 22nd T20 wicket in 2016 and became the highest wicket taker for India in a calendar year. The previous best for India was by R Ashwin who has taken 21 wickets this year.
3. Bumrah and Sran together bowled 8 overs and claimed seven wickets accounting for just 21 runs.
4. This was the sixth occasion when India restricted an opponent to less than 100 in T20Is. Opponents being: England, UAE, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Australia and Zimbabwe.
5. Sran took first four wickets in his first spell to demolish Zimbabwean innings.
6. India played two debutants Barinder Sran and Dhawal Kulkarni in this match.
7. This is the first time when India win a T20I match by 10 wickets.
8. KL Rahul and Mandeep Singh participate in a 100-run stand for India.
9. Mandeep Singh slammed his maiden T20 fifty off 50 balls for India.
10. In form KL Rahul, who was dismissed in the 1st T20 for duck, smashed a brilliant 40-ball-47*.
11. In the 8th over Mandeep Singh, got a reprieve and the shot converted to SIX, due to poor fielding. An easy catch bounces off fielder's hands and goes over the boundary.
12. It was the second occasion when an Indian bowler (Sran in this match) took 3 or more wickets in an over in an T20I game. Ashok Dinda was the first to do against Sri Lanka in 2012.