London, Dec 20: England today announced their 15-man squad for the ICC World Cup 2015 to be played in Australia and New Zealand from February 14.
The side, led by Eoin Morgan, will launch their campaign against hosts Australia in Melbourne. The selectors, on Saturday, dropped skipper Alastair Cook from the team after a string of failures. Cook was replaced by Morgan as the captain.
Before the World Cup, the same set of players will do duty in Australia in a tri-series also involving India.
Here is the 15-man England squad for World Cup
- Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) (Captain)
- Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)
- James Anderson (Lancashire)
- Gary Ballance (Yorkshire)
- Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
- Ravi Bopara (Essex)
- Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
- Jos Buttler (Wicketkeeper) (Lancashire)
- Steven Finn (Middlesex)
- Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)
- Chris Jordan (Sussex)
- Joe Root (Yorkshire)
- James Taylor (Nottinghamshire)
- James Tredwell (Kent)
- Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)