Dharamsala, June 24: The first Annual BCCI four day Conclave concluded with the Working Committee meeting of the BCCI, held in Dharamsala, on Friday (June 24).
Working Committee of the BCCI, under the chairmanship of board chief Anurag Tahkur, took several decisions in order to take Indian Cricket to next level. (Virat Kohli to Virender Sehwag congratulate 'Jumbo')
Following are the list of decisions taken by the board:
2. Technical Committee recommendation to hold Ranji Trophy matches at neutral venues was approved.
3. BCCI will explore the option of hosting Mini IPL overseas in September.
4. Working Committee approved the following suggestions of the Junior Committee. (A) Under 19 Cricketer can represent India only once in the ICC Under 19 World Cup. (B) Any player entering the system at Under 19 stage can play only two seasons of Under 19 cricket. (Virat Kohli welcomes Anil Kumble 'Sir')
5. To popularise Test Cricket, BCCI will have a separate marketing budget in the coming season. The BCCI and the State Units will work together towards promotion and marketing of International matches.
6. BCCI will enter into Venue agreements with the associations hosting international matches in the coming season, defining their roles & responsibilities and minimum standards required.
7. Working Committee decided to start a new T20 league in place of Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. First, all state teams will play an Inter zonal league in their respective zones. All five zones selecting a zonal side to play an Inter Zonal League will follow it.
8. Working Committee approved the proposal of Media Committee to issue an Annual Season Media Accreditation card.
9. BCCI will start annual awards for state associations in the following categories: Best Website, Best Facebook page, Best Twitter Handle, Best Instagram, Best Media Facility, Best Media Operations. This will encourage state associations to be more transparent and professional.