Dhoni became the first player in T20 world cricket to captain in 200 games. His latest achievement includes all T20 matches (International, IPL and Champions League).
The 33-year-old reached the milestone on Tuesday night when he captained CSK against Mumbai Indians in Qualifier 1 of the Indian Premier League 2015 (IPL 8) at the Wankhede Stadium.
Dhoni first captained in a T20 match in 2007, at the ICC World Twenty20 in South Africa. He led India against Scotland. He took the side to the title.
Under Dhoni's captaincy, CSK have won 2 titles each in IPL (2010, 2011) and CLT20 (2010, 2014). He has remained CSK's captain since the team was formed in 2008.
Most matches as captain in T20 cricket (Top 5)
- MS Dhoni - 200* (Won 118, Lost 77)
- Gambhir - 119 (Won 70, Lost 47)
- George Bailey - 93 (Won 47, Lost 44)
- Darren Sammy - 92 (Won 46, Lost 42)
- Adam Gilchrist - 83 (Won 40, Lost 43)