Bengaluru, June 9: Have you ever come across a comprehensive list of batting records that doesn't include the names of Sachin Tendulkar? Unbelievable, isn't it? But yes, we have such a list existing. It features names of Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Kapil Dev Nikhanj, Ramakant Desai and Zaheer Khan but not Tendulkar. [See this list]
The list is about the highest individual scores scored for each wicket in Test cricket. Tendulkar, who had batted at No. 4 for most part of his career, had the highest score of 248 not out made against Bangladesh in Dhaka in 2004.
But that is not enough to make the top 12 individual scores made at No. 4 (271 scored by Pakistan's Javed Miandad is the lowest best in that list).
Tendulkar's highest Test score doesn't even feature in the top 85 highest individual scores in Test cricket.
Here is a list of Indian batsmen who feature in the list for highest individual scores for each wicket:
Positions 1 & 2
- Virender Sehwag 319 vs South Africa in Chennai in 2008
- V Sehwag 309 vs Pakistan in Multan in 2004
- VVS Laxman 281 vs Australia in Kolkata in 2001
- MS Dhoni 224 vs Australia in Chennai in 2013
- Rahul Dravid 180 vs Australia in Kolkata in 2001
- Kapil Dev 163 vs Sri Lanka in Kanpur in 1986
- MS Dhoni 144 vs West Indies in Kolkata in 2011
- Ramakant Desai 85 vs Pakistan in Mumbai in 1960
- Zaheer Khan 75 vs Bangladesh in Dhaka in 2004
- Mohammad Shami 51* vs England in 2014
- Ghulam Ahmed 50 vs Pakistan in 1952