Madrid, May 16: Serbian star Novak Djokovic held on to his place as world No.1 in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) singles rankings released on Monday, while Scottish Andy Murray advanced to the second spot after winning the Italian Open title in Rome.
Murray defeated Djokovic 6-3, 6-3 in the Rome Masters on Sunday. Murray now has 8,435 points, while third-placed Roger Federer got 7,015, reports Efe.
The current ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 16,150 Points
2. Andy Murray (Scotland) 8,435
3. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 7,015
4. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 6,110
5. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 5,675
6. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 4,470
7. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France) 3,355
8. Tomas Berdych (Czech) 2,850
9. Milos Raonic (Canada) 2,785
10. Richard Gasquet (France) 2,725.