Patna, May 1: Over 25 people, including five children, fell ill at a marriage party in Bihar on Friday in a case of suspected food poisoning, officials said.
The incident took place at Ahira village in Jehanabad district, around 50 km from Patna.
Soon after having food, they complained of stomach pain and started vomiting, a district health official said.
All were first admitted to a primary health centre and later a dozen of them were shifted to Sadar Hospital in Jehanabad after their condition deteriorated.
The health official said a case of food poisoning is being suspected. "We have collected food samples and vomiting samples for tests," the official said.